On Sat, 2009-01-10 at 01:53 +0200, Tomas Winkler wrote: > I second this by stressing another issue. in the point that > suspend/resume events shell be present to user space regardless of > mac80211 specific talk with wpa_supplicant. Not only Wifi but also in > my knowledge BT and other coms need user space application > to close gracefully connection before kernel shuts in down. But userspace is usually the one _invoking_ the suspend, so what I was trying to say is that we don't care what userspace did right before invoking suspend. > Even sometime leavening shutting down interface managing application > may reduce the crosstalk so that driver doesn't have go guess when > application has finished it's shutdown. rtnl is probably not enough as > there is still race who grabs it first. No, the rtnl definitely is enough right now since userspace will do whatever it needs to _before_ invoking the kernel suspend. I say we should just put these patches in as they are. johannes