On Thu, 2011-01-27 at 12:56 +0100, André Weidemann wrote: > Hi Alex, > > On 26.01.2011 06:12, Alex Williamson wrote: > > > So while your initial results are promising, my guess is that you're > > using card specific drivers and still need to consider some of the > > harder problems with generic support for vga assignment. I hacked on > > this for a bit trying to see if I could get vga assignment working > > with the vfio driver. Setting up the legacy access and preventing > > qemu from stealing it back should get you basic vga modes and might > > even allow the option rom to run to initialize the card for pre-boot. > > I was able to get this far on a similar ATI card. I never hard much > > luck with other cards though, and I was never able to get the vesa > > extensions working. Thanks, > > Do you mind sharing these patches? Attached. Alex