On Thu, 2012-08-30 at 17:10 +0530, Archit Taneja wrote: > All functions of an interface driver used by a panel driver should have an > omap_dss_device pointer as an argument. This may not be needed by some of the > interfaces now as driver data is globally visible in them. The correct way > to retrieve driver data is to extract the platform device from the output, > and then extract the driver data from the platform device. > > Add dssdev arguments from functions used by panel drivers which currently miss > it. This will come to use when the RFBI functions retrieve the driver data > in the correct manner. This and the similar patch for HDMI could probably also be left out for now. Again I agree that this is correct direction, but this is not really needed (right?) for output work or writeback. And we'll eventually just change these parameters again. The motivation for this patch was probably to have common format for the output driver's functions, so that you can use func pointers in an ops struct? Let's delay that work until the common panel framework gets a bit more solid. Sorry if I'm saying "leave this patch out" for most of the patches =). I just want to avoid extra churn, going back and forth with the code. The most important things now are to get the output work in a state that WB can be used, and on the other hand to remove the dssdev dependencies so that at some point we can remove dssdev totally. Tomi