On Mon, 2018-08-20 at 14:48 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote: > > Of course, after the long (and entirely unrelated) discussion about > the TLB flushing bug we had, I'm starting to worry about my own > competence, and maybe I'm missing something really fundamental, and > the XPFO patches do something else than what I think they do, or my > "hey, let's use our Meltdown code" idea has some fundamental weakness > that I'm missing. The interesting part is taking the user (and other) pages out of the kernel's 1:1 physmap. It's the *kernel* we don't want being able to access those pages, because of the multitude of unfixable cache load gadgets.