On Wed, 2018-09-05 at 10:40 +0000, Paul Durrant wrote: > > Actually the neatest approach would be to get information into the > vlapic code as to whether APIC assist is suitable for the given > vector so that the code there can selectively enable it, and then Xen > would know it was safe to avoid fully emulating an EOI for anything > that did have assist enabled. I'm not sure I understand why an assisted EOI should be any different from "normal" EOI. The global lock and indirect function calls and all that stuff that hvm_dpci_msi_eoi() does are *expensive*, for a rare case. Why not bypass all that when it's not needed, for "normal" EOI and APIC-assisted EOI alike? Why have a distinction between the two?