* Ingo Molnar wrote: > * Rui Nuno Capela wrote: > > > OK, could just someone with a P4 HT/SMP box hand me their working > > kernel .config file for me to try? That could be a good starting > > point, if not a plain baseline. > > I'll try the latest VP kernel (-R9) on a P4/HT SMP box in a minute and > will send you a .config if it works. [...] P4/HT SMP works fine here - config attached. since your lockups occur under X, could you try to disable DRI/DRM in your XConfig? Also, would it be possible to connect that box to another box via a serial line and enable the kernel's serial console via the 'console=ttyS0,38400 console=tty' boot option and run 'minicom' on that other box, set the serial line to 38400 baud there too and capture all kernel messages that occur when the lockups happens? Also enable the NMI watchdog via nmi_watchdog=1. Ingo