Junio C Hamano wrote: > > > Blindly concatenating the above two and feeding them to "git apply" *may* > > happen to work by accident, not by design. This very much feels like a > > hack of "This works most of the time for me, your mileage may vary" kind, > > which we would want to avoid when we can. > > Well, I changed my mind. Let's run with this and see what happens. In support of this being a feature of git-apply, notice that it even handles the situation correctly where the context of a hunk has been influenced by previous hunks, as in @@ -1,2 +1,3 @@ foo +quux bar @@ -1,3 +1,4 @@ foo quux +abc bar With Don Zickus' recent patch, it also handles patches that go over the same file twice. - Thomas -- Thomas Rast trast@student.ethz.ch