To whom it may concern: We have the HighPoint 1740 SATAII RAID card. I had to modify the sata_mv.c (attached) to get it to work with my card. The interesting bits are as follows: /* RocketRAID 1740/174x have different identifiers */ /* { PCI_VDEVICE(TTI, 0x1740), chip_508x }, */ /* Pozicom: GenII 1740 cards use 88sx6042 chip */ { PCI_VDEVICE(TTI, 0x1740), chip_6042 }, { PCI_VDEVICE(TTI, 0x1742), chip_508x }, It appears the same card has different chip set depending upon when you purchased your card. Looking through the code, the GenI vs. GenII vs. GenIIe is done after the call to mv_pci_init_one thus passing a table of values that are incorrect. It would appear to make sense to solve this by creating two or more tables and make mv_pci_tbl a pci_device_id global * and reference it accordingly after the Rev. level was determined. Hope this helps. I don't have access to older 1740 cards else I'd formulate a better solution. Hope this helps. I did a fair amount of testing with this and it appears to work rather well. Eric Mayo Pozicom Technologies, Inc. Email: My First name 'at' pozicom.net