On Mon, 04 Jul 2011, Glauber Costa wrote: > To implement steal time, we need the hypervisor to pass the guest information > about how much time was spent running other processes outside the VM. > This is per-vcpu, and using the kvmclock structure for that is an abuse > we decided not to make. > > In this patchset, I am introducing a new msr, KVM_MSR_STEAL_TIME, that > holds the memory area address containing information about steal time > > This patch contains the headers for it. I am keeping it separate to facilitate > backports to people who wants to backport the kernel part but not the > hypervisor, or the other way around. > > Signed-off-by: Glauber Costa > CC: Rik van Riel > CC: Jeremy Fitzhardinge > CC: Peter Zijlstra > CC: Avi Kivity > CC: Anthony Liguori > CC: Eric B Munson Tested-by: Eric B Munson