From: shawn.guo@linaro.org (Shawn Guo)
To: linux-arm-kernel@lists.infradead.org
Subject: announcing the clk-next branch
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 15:09:27 +0800	[thread overview]

On Fri, Apr 27, 2012 at 11:44:50AM +0530, Viresh Kumar wrote:
> Hi Mike and others,
>
> I am finding difficulty in creating branch to be pulled in by Mike for clock
> stuff. Somebody please help.
>
> SPEAr patches have dependency on few patchsets that are pulled in linux-next
> already.
> - SPEAr DT support
> - SPEAr Pinctrl support
> - Mike clk fixes
> - Misc Pinctrl patches

I'm basically running into the same situation.  I have a bunch of mxs DT
patches touching the existing clock code, while I'm converting the clock
to framework and put the code into drivers/clk.  I originally thought
that the new mxs clock should go through Mike's tree since they are
sitting in drivers/clk.  But with a second thought, I feel it might be
easier to still have them go through arm-soc tree.

We can ask Arnd, Olof to pull clkdev from Russell, clk core from Mike,
and pinctrl from Linus into arm-soc as dependencies, take all the
platform clock/pinctrl porting into arm-soc, and sort out the conflicts
in arm-soc tree.  Otherwise, I'm a little worried about that we will
probably upset Torvalds with leaving so many conflicts to him.

So in short, I will send my mxs clock series to Arnd and Olof.

Regards,
Shawn