Hi, On Wed, 06 Feb 2013 13:55:08 -0800 "H. Peter Anvin" wrote: > > So why don't we let Linus either accept and reject it for the 3.9 merge, > but it rejected, we drop it from linux-next until such time as Linus' > objections have been addressed? It has been in linux-next since before v3.2. It has been submitted multiple times. Last October, after not accepting it for the v3.7 merge window, Linus said: "I have yet to see a compelling argument for merging it. It's tons of code, it doesnt match the original "small simple" model, and I think it would be better off as a separate project." -- Cheers, Stephen Rothwell sfr@canb.auug.org.au