On Sat, Dec 26, 2015 at 09:52:11AM +0100, SF Markus Elfring wrote: > >> The kfree() function was called in one case by the > >> acpi_i2c_space_handler() function during error handling > >> even if the passed variable "client" contained a null pointer. > > > > This is OK. kfree() is known to be NULL-tolerant and we rely on it in > > various places to keep the code simpler. > > I would appreciate if an unnecessary function call can be avoided here > so that the affected exception handling can become also a bit more efficient. Simpler code is easier to maintain. See your patch, you didn't get it correctly at your first try. Also, this is not a hot path, so I see it as a micro-optimization also adding complexity. I don't favor that.