On Sun, Aug 21, 2016 at 02:32:34PM +0200, Lluís Vilanova wrote: > Unfortuntely, I've been unable to to make dtrace recognise QEMU's events (I'm > only able to see the host kernel events). If someone with more experience on it > can help me use dtrace with QEMU's events, I'll also add the supporting library > to let dtrace do the callout to QEMU's moitor interface and control the events, > and add a prperly useful example of that on the hypertrace docs (which was my > original intention). Which "dtrace" and host OS are you using? QEMU builds with static user-space probes. You need to tell DTrace or SystemTap to enable those probes in order to record trace data. Stefan