On Thu, Sep 15, 2016 at 05:11:03AM +0000, Mintz, Yuval wrote: > > As a summary, I didn't see in your responses any real life example where you will > > need global debug level for your driver. > > Not sure what you you're expecting - a list of BZs /private e-mails where > user reproductions were needed? > You're basically ignoring my claims that such are used, instead wanting > "evidence". I'm not going to try and produce any such. I asked an example and not evidence, where "modprobe your_driver debug=1" will be superior to "modprobe your_driver dyndbg==pmf". https://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/dynamic-debug-howto.txt