On Tue, Apr 04, 2017 at 09:39:39PM +0000, Xu, Anthony wrote: Thanks, applied to my tracing-next tree: https://github.com/stefanha/qemu/commits/tracing-next I fixed up the patch when applying it. Comments below: > Put all trace.o into libqemuutil.a Please use the "trace: " prefix for tracing patches. All components of QEMU have commonly used prefixes that make it easy to identify which area a patch affects. People reading the mailing list or grepping through git logs rely on this. > > Currently all trace.o are linked into qemu-system, qemu-img, > qemu-nbd, qemu-io etc., even the corresponding components > are not included. > Put all trace.o into libqemuutil.a that the linker would only pull in .o > files containing symbols that are actually referenced by the > program. > > > Signed-off -by: Anthony Xu Please use git-format-patch(1) to send correctly formatted patches in the future. git-am(1) was unable to apply your email and I had to do it manually. Stefan