On Tue 2017-08-29 14:26:04, Andrew Lunn wrote: > > But the MDIO emaulation code is from their driver, after lots of > > deletions. > > Is this driver supposed to run on lots of different OSs? That would > explain why they ignored the Linux MDIO and PHY layers. It did not look particulary portable. > If possible, please make use of the Linux infrastructure. I did not find any infrastructure I could use instead ksz_mdio_emulation. Now, drivers/net/phy/spi_ks8995.c can access the PHY registers, and I can not see any translation there, so there may be something I'm missing. Pointers would be welcome at this point. Thanks, Pavel -- (english) http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek (cesky, pictures) http://atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~pavel/picture/horses/blog.html