On Tue, Dec 05, 2017 at 10:42:25PM -0500, Michael Davidsaver wrote: > On 12/05/2017 01:53 AM, David Gibson wrote: > > On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 03:59:11PM -0600, Michael Davidsaver wrote: > >> Signed-off-by: Michael Davidsaver > > > > Hmm. Is there anything you're *not* planning to move under the CCSR. > > Well, the decrementer/timebase initialization for one as this has > nothing to do with the CCSR registers. Right, but no actual devices, even small ones? > I haven't added the TSEC/eTSEC instances either. > Partly this is because the existing boards, for reasons I don't understand, > use virtio NICs. > > Further, the mpc8540 has TSEC instances 1 and 2, while the mpc8544 > has instances 1 and 3. So I decided to leave NIC setup to the Machine > rather then add the extra code to parameterize this under the CCSR device. > > > If not, I'm really wondering if the CCSR ought to be a device in its > > own right, rather than just a container memory region used within the > > machine. > > I don't think I follow what you mean by "device" in this context? > The CCSR object is a SysBusDevice in the qom tree ("/machine/e500-ccsr"). > What device-like characteristics could it have? Sorry, I wasn't clear. the CCSR definitely *is* a device in the current scheme, but I'm wondering if that was a good idea. -- David Gibson | I'll have my music baroque, and my code david AT gibson.dropbear.id.au | minimalist, thank you. NOT _the_ _other_ | _way_ _around_! http://www.ozlabs.org/~dgibson