Hi Bart, On Fri, 9 Mar 2018 22:48:10 +0000, Bart Van Assche wrote: > On Fri, 2018-03-09 at 23:32 +0100, Stephen Kitt wrote: > > In preparation to enabling -Wvla, remove VLAs and replace them with > > fixed-length arrays instead. > > > > scsi_dh_{alua,emc,rdac} use variable-length array declarations to > > store command blocks, with the appropriate size as determined by > > COMMAND_SIZE. This patch replaces these with fixed-sized arrays using > > MAX_COMMAND_SIZE, so that the array size can be determined at compile > > time. > > If COMMAND_SIZE() is evaluated at compile time, do we still need this patch? The two patches I sent were supposed to be alternative solutions; see https://marc.info/?l=linux-scsi&m=152063671005295&w=2 for the introduction (I seem to have messed up the headers, so the mails didn’t end up threaded properly). The MAX_COMMAND_SIZE approach is nice and simple, but I thought it worth eliminating scsi_command_size_tbl while I was at it... Regards, Stephen