Hi Mimi, Shuah, > Hi Petr, Shuah, > On Sat, 2019-04-06 at 23:49 +0200, Petr Vorel wrote: > > Hi, > > this is a draft trying to define some API in order to remove some > > redundancy from kselftest shell scripts. Existing kselftest.h already > > defines some sort of API for C, there is none for shell. > Shuah, when the tests were in the selftests/ima directory I was > planning on including them in my pull request; and then they moved to > selftests/kexec.  As they were still IMA related, I was still > shepherding them and planned on including them in my pull request. (Is > this Okay?  Your Review/Ack would be much appreciated.)  This patch > set, however, introduces a set of "common" set of kselftest functions. > Originally, you suggested deferring defining a set of "common" > kselftests functions to prevent delaying upstreaming the tests.  With > these patches, that time is here.  How do you want to handle this? I agree with separation of common kselftests functions / proper API effort. kexec tests are ready and IMHO should not be delayed with this effort. "common functions" proposed by this patchset are more for to start a discussion about it, what I brought doesn't help much. Proper design takes some time. > Thanks, > Mimi Kind regards, Petr