Hi Pirko, On Tue, Feb 25, 2020 at 05:22:03PM +0100, Jiri Pirko wrote: [...] > Eh, that is not that simple. The existing users are used to the fact > that the actions are providing counters by themselves. Having and > explicit counter action like this would break that expectation. > Also, I think it should be up to the driver implementation. Some HW > might only support stats per rule, not the actions. Driver should fit > into the existing abstraction, I think it is fine. Something like the sketch patch that I'm attaching? The idea behind it is to provide a counter action through the flow_action API. Then, tc_setup_flow_action() checks if this action comes with counters in that case the counter action is added. My patch assumes tcf_vlan_counter() provides tells us what counter type the user wants, I just introduced this to provide an example. Thank you.