On 2020-05-11 at 17:43:10, Jonathan Tan wrote: > Whenever GIT_CURL_VERBOSE is set, teach Git to behave as if > GIT_TRACE_CURL=1 and GIT_TRACE_CURL_NO_DATA=1 is set, instead of setting > CURLOPT_VERBOSE. > > This is to prevent inadvertent revelation of sensitive data. In > particular, GIT_CURL_VERBOSE redacts neither the "Authorization" header > nor any cookies specified by GIT_REDACT_COOKIES. I actually use GIT_CURL_VERBOSE to debug authentication problems from time to time, so I'd like to keep an option to produce full, unredacted output. Since everyone uses HTTPS, it's not possible to perform this debugging using a tool like Wireshark unless you use a MITM CA cert, which seems excessive. -- brian m. carlson: Houston, Texas, US OpenPGP: https://keybase.io/bk2204