Hi, Thanks for your detailed answer. I made a detailed report, with dmesg outputs of different kernel/firmware-atheros and wireless-regdb combinations at https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=970679 Massimo Maggi pointed me to this ath10k issue on the last message. Regards, On 2020-10-22 23:28+0300, Jouni Malinen wrote: >What is the exact issue you are seeing? > >> Is there something preventing >> >> https://patchwork.kernel.org/project/ath10k/patch/20200527165718.129307-1-briannorris@chromium.org/ >> from being merged? > >That seems to have a risk of mapping the default country code (CTRY_DEFAULT >is defined to be 0 in regd.h) being mapped to something else than a safe >world roaming case and this could have an impact throughout all drivers >using the generic ath/regd.c implementation. It looks like the correct >thing to do is to map an unexpected value to the safest option instead of >allowing this to be mapped to something that could end up enabling >incorrect regulatory rules. > >- Jouni -- FĂ©lix