Hi! > > > The gcc bugzilla mentions backports into gcc-linaro, but I do not see > > > them in my git history. > > > > So, do we raise the minimum gcc version for the kernel as a whole to 5.1 > > or just for aarch64? > > Russell, Arnd, thanks so much for tracking down the root cause of the > bug! > > I will note that RHEL 7 uses gcc 4.8. I personally don't have an > objections to requiring developers using RHEL 7 to have to install a > more modern gcc (since I use Debian Testing and gcc 10.2.1, myself, > and gcc 5.1 is so five years ago :-), but I could imagine that being > considered inconvenient for some. I'm on gcc 4.9.2 on a machine that is hard to upgrade :-(. Best regards, Pavel -- http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek