On 16.02.2021 09:44:54, Torin Cooper-Bennun wrote: > > Your mram-cfg looks broken, You don't have any TX Event FIFO entries. Please use > > this one: > > > > bosch,mram-cfg = <0x0 0 0 16 0 0 1 1>; > > Okay, thanks for the tip, I usually don't make use of the TX event > feature! You might not, but the driver does :) > This hasn't fixed the TX behaviour, though. I've verified > that the frame is loaded into MRAM and requested for TX correctly, but > the transceiver does this... > > 1. sends start-of-frame, then 5 bits of ID correctly, at the correct bitrate > 2. bus then seems to be stuck dominant for 6 bits instead of > transmitting further ID bits > 3. bus lines drift back recessive (not a clean edge) over the duration > of 12 bits > 4. process repeats > > Steps 2-3 constitute an error frame, if my understanding is correct. > Presently the TCAN4550 is not connected to any other CAN nodes; I > would therefore expect the transmit to at least continue to the ACK > field. If the process repeats infinitely then the CAN controller doesn't go into bus-off, which means the CAN bus is terminated correctly. With your setup of only one node on the bus and correct termination, I too think the frame should be send until the ACK field. I suggest to first create a working CAN bus setup and then add the tcan to it. regards, Marc -- Pengutronix e.K. | Marc Kleine-Budde | Embedded Linux | https://www.pengutronix.de | Vertretung West/Dortmund | Phone: +49-231-2826-924 | Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686 | Fax: +49-5121-206917-5555 |