On Mon, Apr 26, 2021 at 03:13:55PM +0900, Kuninori Morimoto wrote: > > If the sound card specifies something why not just use it verbatim > > instead of trying to merge? > I'm thinking the way that for example select "format" automatically, > but specify others from Card, etc (= not all settings). > Because as you are concerning, some driver might has complex limitations for some parts. > We want to manually and directly select it from Card in such case. > My idea was very simple, but indeed I could understand your concern. > I have no good idea so far, but want to consider about it more. Yeah, the only thing I can think of is big lists of configurations. That's not the end of the world but it's potentially annoying, we should be able to get helpers that make life easier I guess.