Hi! > Earlier this year during review of the hid-playstation driver there > was a discussion on the naming of LEDs exposed by HID drivers. Moving > forward the preference from the LED maintainers was to follow the > naming scheme "device:color:function" instead of the custom names used > so far by HID drivers. > > I would like to get some guidance on the naming direction not just for > hid-playstation, but Daniel's hid-nintendo driver for which he posted > a new revision today has the same problem. > > The original discussion was on "why not use the input device name?" > (e.g. input15). It was concluded that it wouldn't uniquely identify a > HID device among reasons. I understand that problem is that one controller is present as multiple input devices to userspace. [That is something you might want to fix, BTW. IIRC input protocol is flexible enough to do that.] I suggest you simply select one input device (call it primary, probably the one that contains the master joystick) and use its input number.... Best regards, Pavel -- http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek