On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 10:57:28AM -0400, Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote: > On Thu, Jun 17, 2021 at 11:09:34AM +0100, Christoph Hellwig wrote: > > Because I don't waste my time on the kind of crap that comes from > > github. If you build a separate webinterface that allows anyone to send > > a proper series from a git tree that is all fine. But github is toxic. > Won't this just end up reimplementing a lot of stuff that we already get "for > free" from Github and other forges? Yes, I know Github is proprietary, but so > are many SMTP gateways used to send the patch series. I don't see how what > the GH bot would do is different from: I think part of the concern here is that people have some standard expectations for how projects they work with on Github are going to function so if people end up using Github to submit patches we may end up with some culture and process mismatches which could cause issues.