Hi! > > On Thu, Nov 26, 2020 at 07:11:46PM +0000, Lad Prabhakar wrote: > > > Renesas RPC-IF driver is licensed under GPL2.0, to be in sync export the > > > symbols as GPL. > > > > It's not a valid reason to export them as GPL. Entire Linux source code > > is licensed as GPL-2.0, so are you going to change all EXPORT_SYMBOL to > > GPL? > > > Agreed not a valid case. That clears my understanding wrt GPL exports 😊 Actually, you have just acquired wrong understanding of GPL exports. We normally export everything as _GPL unless there is very very very good reason not to do so. (The reason EXPORT_SYMBOL even exists are very obscure usecases of modules ported from non-free operating systems). Best regards, Pavel -- http://www.livejournal.com/~pavelmachek