Hello Bjorn, On Mon, Jul 12, 2021 at 03:51:49PM -0500, Bjorn Helgaas wrote: > On Tue, Feb 23, 2021 at 10:07:57AM +0100, Uwe Kleine-König wrote: > > The driver core ignores the return value of pci_epf_device_remove() > > (because there is only little it can do when a device disappears) and > > there are no pci_epf_drivers with a remove callback. > > > > So make it impossible for future drivers to return an unused error code > > by changing the remove prototype to return void. > > > > The real motivation for this change is the quest to make struct > > bus_type::remove return void, too. > > > > Signed-off-by: Uwe Kleine-König > > Acked-by: Bjorn Helgaas > > Can you just include this with the rest of your series that depends on > it, like you did for the s390 patches, so they're all together? Yeah sure, will resend the complete series later today. I hesitated to include the pci patch as I didn't know your plans for it and didn't want to create a mess by interfering with your workflow. Thanks Uwe -- Pengutronix e.K. | Uwe Kleine-König | Industrial Linux Solutions | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |