On Tue, Jul 20, 2021 at 07:29:24AM -0600, Simon Glass wrote: > U-Boot mostly uses hex for value input, largely because addresses are much > easier to understand in hex. > > But in some cases a hex value is requested, but it is more convenient to > provide a decimal value. This may be because the value comes from another > source, where its base cannot be controlled. > > This series adds support for a 0m prefix to indicate a decimal number. The I _really_ don't want to invent something here. When the setexpr thread came up before I went and did a little digging. Per https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radix the general way to express a number is (x)y where x is the number and y is the base (and y is in base10, and also a subscript). I thought it was a bit cumbersome for general use and didn't bring it up at the time. If we're going to add some global way to always say a number is decimal, and I'm not sure I think that's a good idea even (I kind of think it might be better on a case by case basis to maybe tweak some prints so that for example "ls mmc 0:10" tells the user it's accessing partition 16 would lead to a quick "oh that's hex, #$%@!"), I think it should follow the radix notation, or if not, some other well known example. -- Tom