On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 06:56:31AM -0600, Simon Glass wrote: > Hi Tom, > > On Tue, 10 Aug 2021 at 13:38, Tom Rini wrote: [snip] > > I need to take another pass at converting a bunch of symbols, to see > > where we're at. Probably the biggest chunk of progress next would be to > > start converting CONFIG_SYS_xxx to SYS_xxx and moving defines out of > > config.h and in to something else. I'm taking a peek at some of the > > remaining PCI ones now. > > How about we set a deadline for this? It has gone on for too long and > we just need to drop these CONFIGs. It's probably a higher priority > than a Kconfig change. > > I was expecting that the config.h files would go away and we would use > Kconfig (or DT) for everything. What sort of things don't fit into > that model? Environment is the hard one to move out from config.h and in to, well, I don't know what. I think there's also a handful of symbols like CONFIG_SPL_MAX_SIZE that are a little tricky to convert directly (they do math based on other symbols) rather than just as evaluate-and-set. Right now, a little more than half of the unmigrated symbols are CONFIG_SYS_xxx things and those likely should become SYS_xxx things. Of the ones that don't just go away. -- Tom