On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 06:56:31AM -0600, Simon Glass wrote: [snip] > Having thought a bit more, perhaps we have the wrong attitude to > Kconfig. The CONFIG() macro I am talking about works by building an > xxx or SPL_xxx config. If we have separate autoconf.h files for each > phase (autoconf_spl.h etc.) then we don't actually need this. We just > need to include the correct file. Any SPL_xxx config can be written as > xxx. Similarly the Makefile rules can drop the $(P) I was proposing. > > We can, in fact, generate separate autoconf.h files for each phase > today, with no other changes. Unless I am missing something...? If we can spit out {spl_,tpl_,}autoconf.h files that might help a bit. But would it help with the recent case of SPL has SATA+AHCI+!PCI while full U-Boot has SATA+AHCI+!PCI AND SATA+AHCI+PCI ? Today we can't support the SPL case without adding the handful of SPL_xxx symbols so that we can say we have SATA+AHCI without PCI. -- Tom