Hello, On Tue, Jan 04, 2022 at 03:58:55PM +0200, Andy Shevchenko wrote: > On Mon, Jan 03, 2022 at 01:14:54PM +0100, Uwe Kleine-König wrote: > > If we really want to support a count, I request that all drivers that > > don't support it get updated to refuse a request with count != 0. > > Hmm... Not sure it worth it, perhaps taking into account above the -1 > (in unsigned type) returned on ->get_state() can suffice as not supporting > feature? In my eyes that's a bad idea. You have to touch most drivers anyhow to set the -1. So the outcome is the worst possible combination: Many changes and still much implicit logic distributed between the drivers and the core about what is supported and what not. (Or you have to initialize .count = -1 before calling the get_state callback. Then you get rid of "have to touch most drivers". But that's still ugly IMO.) Best regards Uwe -- Pengutronix e.K. | Uwe Kleine-König | Industrial Linux Solutions | https://www.pengutronix.de/ |