On Wed, Jul 26, 2023 at 10:45:02AM +0100, Abdellatif El Khlifi wrote: > Add MM communication support using FF-A transport > > This feature allows accessing MM partitions services through > EFI MM communication protocol. MM partitions such as StandAlonneMM > or smm-gateway secure partitions which reside in secure world. > > An MM shared buffer and a door bell event are used to exchange > the data. > > The data is used by EFI services such as GetVariable()/SetVariable() > and copied from the communication buffer to the MM shared buffer. > > The secure partition is notified about availability of data in the > MM shared buffer by an FF-A message (door bell). > > On such event, MM SP can read the data and updates the MM shared > buffer with the response data. > > The response data is copied back to the communication buffer and > consumed by the EFI subsystem. > > MM communication protocol supports FF-A 64-bit direct messaging. > > Signed-off-by: Abdellatif El Khlifi > Tested-by: Gowtham Suresh Kumar > Reviewed-by: Simon Glass > Cc: Tom Rini > Cc: Ilias Apalodimas > Cc: Jens Wiklander So, at this point in the series we impact lx2160ardb_tfa_stmm which is the only config in the tree prior to this series that sets CONFIG_EFI_MM_COMM_TEE. I'm not going to block this series[1] on updating lx2160ardb_tfa_stmm as well, but I do want to make sure the maintainers there are aware and can update the config to support the current state of this technology. [1]: https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/uboot/list/?series=365876&state=* -- Tom