On 29/03/17 11:13, Laurent Pinchart wrote: > Hi Tomi, > > Thank you for the patch. > > On Tuesday 28 Mar 2017 16:07:50 Tomi Valkeinen wrote: >> mode_config's min_width and min_height are both set to 32, which is >> overly restrictive. >> >> The real limits depend on whether we're configuring a crtc or a plane, >> but a limit of 8x2 is safe for both cases. > > Strictly speaking it's planes in all cases, you could talk about primary or > overlay planes instead. Apart from that, Hmm, well, on the HW they are different. We have CRTC limits, and we have plane limits. In our HW, I think we can have 1x1 planes (at least with RGB). But CRTC minimum depends on the display used. In some cases CRTC minimum is 1x1, but usually it's 8x1 I think. And talking about primary or overlay planes is so legacy... With atomic, we just have planes! =) Tomi