On 2011-05-19 10:26, Gleb Natapov wrote: > On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 09:27:55PM +0200, Jan Kiszka wrote: >>> if an I/O is to the APIC page, >>> it's handled by the APIC >> >> That's not that simple. We need to tell apart: >> - if a cpu issued the request, and which one => forward to APIC > And cpu mode may affect where access is forwarded to. If cpu is in SMM > mode access to frame buffer may be forwarded to a memory (depends on > chipset configuration). So we have a second use case for CPU-local I/O regions? I wonder if only a single CPU can enter SMM or if all have to. Right now only the first CPU can switch to that mode, and that affects the behaviour of the chipset /wrt SMRAM mapping. Is that another hack? Jan