On 06/27/2012 10:19 AM, Hui Wang wrote: > At least in the i.MX series, the flexcan contrller divides into ver_3 > and ver_10, current driver is for ver_3 controller. > > i.MX6 has ver_10 controller, it has more reigsters than ver_3 has. > The rxfgmask (Rx FIFO Global Mask) register is one of the new added. > Its reset value is 0xffffffff, this means ID Filter Table must be > checked when receive a packet, but the driver is designed to accept > everything during the chip start, we need to clear this register to > follow this design. > > Add a hw_ver entry in the device tree, this can let us distinguish > which version the controller is, if we don't set value to this entry, > the hw_ver is 3 by default, this is backward compatible for existing > platforms like powerpc and imx35. Is it possible to read this value from the hardware? Another possibility would be to introduce a new compatible device in the device tree. Marc -- Pengutronix e.K. | Marc Kleine-Budde | Industrial Linux Solutions | Phone: +49-231-2826-924 | Vertretung West/Dortmund | Fax: +49-5121-206917-5555 | Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686 | http://www.pengutronix.de |