On Sun, 27 Dec 2020, Philippe Mathieu-Daudé wrote: > Hi Zoltan, > > On 12/27/20 2:10 AM, BALATON Zoltan via wrote: >> Remove some unneded, empty code and set user_creatable to false >> (besides being not implemented yet, so does nothing anyway) it's also >> normally part of VIA south bridge chips so no need to confuse users >> showing them these devices. > > After contributing during more than 8 years you should know we try > to avoid to do multiples changes in the same patch ;) Yes, in my understanding patches should be split if - it makes bisecting easier or - makes reviewing easier Which of the above appies in this case? I think these are changes that should neither brake anything (as this device doesn't don't do anyting yet) and adding user_creatable false is a one line change that's easy to review even with the other changes. If you insist I can split this into two but I didn't think that would be any better and the series was long enough already. Regards, BALATON Zoltan >> >> Signed-off-by: BALATON Zoltan >> --- >> hw/audio/via-ac97.c | 51 +++++++++++++++++---------------------------- >> 1 file changed, 19 insertions(+), 32 deletions(-) > >