On 5/23/2013 2:06 PM, Eliezer Tamir wrote: > On 21/05/2013 16:15, Alex Rosenbaum wrote: >> On 5/21/2013 3:29 PM, Eliezer Tamir wrote: >>> What benchmarks are you using to test poll/select/epoll? >> for epoll/select latency tests we are using sockperf as performance >> latency tool: https://code.google.com/p/sockperf/ >> It is a client-server based tool and it supported ping-pong, throughput, >> and under-load test type. >> For epoll, you will need to define a 'feedfile' ("-f filepathname") >> which has a list of TCP and/or UDP socket and defined your IO mux type >> ("-F epoll"). > > Thank you! > This is very helpful. > > With sockperf i can directly observe how poll/select/epoll are behaving. > I can see some improvement in all of them but clearly more work is > needed here. > > -Eliezer I'm happy you got it working. If you add '--timeout=0' to the sockperf epoll command line you can see non-blocking epoll application behavior and then you will get some improved latency over due to the application thread not sleeping. This is not like a full blown LLS epoll solution but half way there. Alex