From: westlake <westlake2012@videotron.ca>
To: Andrei Borzenkov <arvidjaar@gmail.com>,
	bug-grub@gnu.org, grub-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: cryptodisk enabled returns to rescue prompt
Date: Sat, 07 Nov 2015 03:58:22 -0500	[thread overview]

actually the crypt would be internal inside the grub mbr that gets
generated because even if i comment out cryptmount -u in grub.cfg and
apply update-initramfs&&update-grub there's no effect(there still is a
passphrase prompt), here the cryptsetup is taking effect prior the
reading of grub.cfg..

it shouldn't also be hard to implement. afaik the lacking of
documentation for using GRUB_ENABLE_CRYPTODISK='y' tells me this should
be an area encouraging suggestion and feedback from those who are
bothering to using it... It works but it can be improved.  Here my main
concern is a "grub rescue" shouldn't be showing up right after the first
failed attempt.

thanks