On Mittwoch, 10. März 2021 17:32:25 CET Ian Rogers wrote: > Hi, > > I'm happy to share that the Linux Foundation has been accepted into > the Google Summer-of-Code 2021 and we are looking for students > interested in profiling, perf, etc. to apply to do projects. > > The main details on the Linux foundation application are here: > https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/gsoc/google-summer-code-2021 > > Details on potential projects with perf here: > https://wiki.linuxfoundation.org/gsoc/2021-gsoc-perf > > Please help to share, especially to students. > > Additional project ideas, mentors and help is also appreciated. As the maintainer of hotspot [1], I'd be happy to discuss how we could reuse the prior art in providing a GUI around `perf report` and more. Considering that hotspot is already a pretty successfull project, I wonder why we have to reinvent the wheel to provide a gtk-based GUI - is it really just the framework choice - Qt vs. GTK? Or are there other reasons? [1]: https://github.com/KDAB/hotspot/ Generally, I would love to see a proper library provided by perf that could be used to do the `perf report` and/or `perf annotate` data processing. As I said - I'm happy to discuss this topic in more detail with anyone interested in this topic. Cheers -- Milian Wolff | milian.wolff@kdab.com | Senior Software Engineer KDAB (Deutschland) GmbH, a KDAB Group company Tel: +49-30-521325470 KDAB - The Qt, C++ and OpenGL Experts