From: Luse, Paul E <paul.e.luse at intel.com>
To: spdk@lists.01.org
Subject: Re: [SPDK] SPDK Blobstore support object store?
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 17:30:54 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi Helloway,

Now that’s a great way to start the discussion!!  Yes, I think certainly blobstore has a role in any SPDK solution that presents an object interface. Just to start with a basic question, your write up mentions some popular defacto standard interfaces for obj storage systems but then your high level blobkv if looks to be someone new & different. What are your thoughts on the external interface and tying into existing applications that support something like S3 or native Swift?

Thx
Paul