Daniel Vetter writes: > Hm, if you restrict getresources and getplanes, you'll get your leased > objects query api. Iirc that part was missing in your kernel patch. And it > gives you exaclty what you want: per-type list of object ids. Hrm. I think that's one Dave didn't want to restrict so that applications don't see resources disappear and get confused. But, perhaps a simple variant of those instead of a completely different API. > This changes with atomic - without properties you can't change anything > using atomic. Otoh maybe we just want to add checks on the containing > object for now, That's what is already in place -- property setting is always relative to the containing resource, so we don't need any specific controls on the properties themselves unless we wanted to restrict queries, which doesn't seem necessary. -- -keith