Michel Dänzer writes: > When no such special client (Steam?) is running, the desktop environment > will try to use the HMD anyway, right? So the expected use case would be > for the user to start a special client first and only plug in the HMD > afterwards? That seems a bit inconvenient. I'd love a better alternative, but this is the best I've come up with. Of course, it needn't be the actual VR client, it could be a stub application that popped open a 'which app would you like to run on the HMD' chooser of some kind, or even hooks in the desktop system that managed that. Suggestions very much encouraged. -- -keith