"Rafael J. Wysocki" writes: > On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 9:09 AM Francisco Jerez wrote: >> >> "Rafael J. Wysocki" writes: >> >> > On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 1:16 AM Rafael J. Wysocki wrote: >> >> >> >> On Thu, Feb 13, 2020 at 12:31 AM Francisco Jerez wrote: >> >> > > > [cut] > >> > >> > And BTW, posting patches as RFC is fine even if they have not been >> > tested. At least you let people know that you work on something this >> > way, so if they work on changes in the same area, they may take that >> > into consideration. >> > >> >> Sure, that was going to be the first RFC. >> >> > Also if there are objections to your proposal, you may save quite a >> > bit of time by sending it early. >> > >> > It is unfortunate that this series has clashed with the changes that >> > you were about to propose, but in this particular case in my view it >> > is better to clean up things and start over. >> > >> >> Luckily it doesn't clash with the second RFC I was meaning to send, >> maybe we should just skip the first? > > Yes, please. > >> Or maybe it's valuable as a curiosity anyway? > > No, let's just focus on the latest one. > > Thanks! We don't seem to have reached much of an agreement on the general direction of RFC2, so I can't really get started with it. Here is RFC1 for the record: https://github.com/curro/linux/commits/intel_pstate-lp-hwp-v10.8-alt Specifically the following patch conflicts with this series: https://github.com/curro/linux/commit/9a16f35531bbb76d38493da892ece088e31dc2e0 Series improves performance-per-watt of GfxBench gl_4 (AKA Car Chase) by over 15% on my system with the branch above, actual FPS "only" improves about 5.9% on ICL laptop due to it being very lightly TDP-bound with its rather huge TDP. The performance of almost every graphics benchmark I've tried improves significantly with it (a number of SynMark test-cases are improved by around 40% in perf-per-watt, Egypt perf-per-watt improves by about 25%). Hopefully we can come up with some alternative plan of action.