Matthias wrote on 2014-06-16: > According to Jans suggestion, I did a second build with xen up to the > changeset he suggested and attached another round of logs. > > > Also, to answer Yangs questions, the devices 00:12.0 and 00:13.0 are > regular noboard USB controller from the mainboard: > > 00:12.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] > SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller > 00:12.2 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] > SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller > 00:13.0 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] > SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB OHCI0 Controller > 00:13.2 USB controller: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD/ATI] > SB7x0/SB8x0/SB9x0 USB EHCI Controller > > > But I did do a second run without them passed through the domU and > added the log (xldmesg_secondrun.log). Since I'm seeing IO_PAGE_FAULTs > there > (05:00.0 is the vga i'm passing), I would assume that basically any > device I pass through causes these page faults and it has nothing to > do with specific faulty devices. Actually, the problem you saw is the patch (git: 077fc1c04d) tries to fix. What makes it really odd is that you didn't see it without fixing, but reproduced it with fixing. I am wondering how you bisect it? Is everything working with last commit(git:0e251a837)? Also, the original problem I am trying to fix only related to EPT and VT-d page table sharing. So have you tried to not share them? The attached patch is same to revert commit 077fc1c04d. Can you try it to see whether it helps? BTW, I hope you can use commit 077fc1c04d to try since I am seeing some other patches may also trigger the issue. I am working on a debug patch now. Since I don't have the environment to reproduce it, it will need your help to try it to provide some logs. Best regards, Yang