On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 8:30 AM, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote: > On Wed, 26 Jan 2011, Jeff Chua wrote: >> > Which thinkpad do you have that need CONFIG_THINKPAD_ACPI_HOTKEY_POLL to >> > handle Fn+F4? I don't expect that to be needed on anything newer than a >> > T32... >> >> X201s which is quite new. > > Yay. Send me dmidecode (XXX-out UUID and serial numbers) and output of of > acpidump, please. And check that you have the latest version of the > firmware installed. acpidump.txt and dmidecode.txt attached. # smbios-sys-info Libsmbios version: 2.2.19 Product Name: 5413FGA Vendor: LENOVO BIOS Version: 6QET62WW (1.32 ) System ID: 0x0000 Service Tag: R926F5R Express Service Code: 59320977471 >> thinkpad_acpi: ThinkPad ACPI Extras v0.24 >> thinkpad_acpi: http://ibm-acpi.sf.net/ >> thinkpad_acpi: ThinkPad BIOS 6QET62WW (1.32 ), EC 6QHT31WW-1.12 >> thinkpad_acpi: Lenovo ThinkPad X201s, model 5413FGA >> thinkpad_acpi: detected a 8-level brightness capable ThinkPad >> thinkpad_acpi: radio switch found; radios are enabled >> thinkpad_acpi: possible tablet mode switch found; ThinkPad in laptop mode >> thinkpad_acpi: rfkill switch tpacpi_bluetooth_sw: radio is blocked > > Well, it didn't complain about hotkeys, so it probably got all those that it > requested, which includes Fn+F4. When in doubt, please either run the > driver in debug mode, or check the hotkey_mask in sysfs. > > Please check with xev and something like input-events or some other > input-device snooper whether you get events when you press Fn+F4. Maybe > userspace is ignoring it. xev reported both up/down. I'm using mplayer and it doesn't see those events. > Check if something in userspace is listening to these keys. They go over > the regular keyboard interface. You don't have volume hotkeys or a mixer, > you just have two regular keys. You'll be lucky if you still have a real > MUTE gate outside of the control of the HDA mixer... Mute is working fine. And on a separate topic, I simply couldn't get the "mic" to work. Alsamixer reported these ... Card: HDA Intel F1: Help | Chip: Conexant CX20585 F2: System information | Thanks, Jeff