On Wed, May 25, 2022 at 7:26 AM Ross Burton wrote: > On 25 May 2022, at 09:03, Luca Ceresoli wrote: > > > > Hi Ross, Bruce, > > > > Il giorno Tue, 24 May 2022 16:24:01 +0100 > > "Ross Burton" ha scritto: > > > >> LZO is a fairly archaic compression format that hasn't been updated > >> since 2017. It's now unused by anything else in oe-core, so remove > >> the recipes. > >> > >> Signed-off-by: Ross Burton > > > > I love removals of archaic features... > > > > ...and how they make things explode :-) > > > > stdio: ERROR: Nothing PROVIDES 'lzo' (but > > > /home/pokybuild/yocto-worker/meta-virt/build/meta-virtualization/recipes-extended/xen/ > xen_4.16.bb, > > > /home/pokybuild/yocto-worker/meta-virt/build/meta-virtualization/recipes-extended/xen/ > xen-tools_4.16.bb > > DEPENDS on or otherwise requires it) > > I’ve also just sent a RFC patch for xen to disable LZO entirely, but I’ll > leave that up to Bruce to decide. If lzo is removed from core it will be > added to meta-oe, so xen will continue to build either way. > > right. We'll keep it as optional. But isn't this just a timing issue for the failure ? Or are we missing a dependency in meta-virt on where this landed in meta-oe ? We definitely have meta-oe dependencies in meta-virt, so the AB should already have those in place .. so this must have only blown up because it hasn't landed in meta-oe yet (nor should it probably have, as this is a test of the removal in OEcore) . Either way, I'll merge the meta-virt, make-it-optional patch shortly and this should be good to go. Bruce > Ross -- - Thou shalt not follow the NULL pointer, for chaos and madness await thee at its end - "Use the force Harry" - Gandalf, Star Trek II