From: Alex Gaynor <alex.gaynor@gmail.com>
To: "Nándor Krácser" <bonifaido@gmail.com>
Cc: rust-for-linux <rust-for-linux@vger.kernel.org>
Subject: Re: Using 3rd party crates in an out-of-tree module
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2022 10:36:40 -0400	[thread overview]

Hi Nándor,

That's correct that there's currently no support for pulling in 3rd
party modules automatically with cargo. This is because any work that
goes into the upstream kernel will need to be self-contained to the
maximum extent possible.

I don't know if anyone has given any thought to supporting 3rd party
crates for out-of-tree modules.

Alex

--
All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good people to do nothing.