From: Kurt Taylor <kurt.r.taylor@gmail.com>
To: OpenBMC Maillist <openbmc@lists.ozlabs.org>
Subject: Community support - where do want to be in a year?
Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2020 18:02:01 -0600	[thread overview]

The new year is well underway, and I have started thinking about more
that could be done to enable a stronger, more open community, and to
have a better developer experience.

I'd like to get your feedback, but please, this is not meant to be a
complaint platform, reply with ideas and solutions, or at least an
open mind for how we can fix it. I want to hear ideas!

I am looking to organize a prioritized list so I (and others?) can
focus on making things happen. I am hopeful that my downstream
responsibilities will be reduced in the coming months and that we can
start making real community progress.

Incomplete list (for priming the idea pump):
1) Existing (donated?) services - Gerrit/Jenkins hosting, email
service - what about hosting? what about disaster recovery/backups?
How can we improve?
2) Automate openbmc.org wordpress content/updates, current events?
meetups? blog planet?
3) Metrics - what would the community like to see?
4) Early development plans disclosure (new features),
charter/policy/culture changes for upstream plans, improving speed to
commit, review commitments?
5) Third-party CI testing/review reporting, supported platforms,
release testing commitments

What are *your* ideas for improving the community?

Kurt Taylor (krtaylor)